While we are busy raising our family, we have temporarily suspended active solicitation for archival consulting. While we enjoy the work, our day jobs and busy family life fill our days. At some point, I expect we will return to a more active role in this part of our lives. If you have a project or idea that you think is particularly compelling however, we are always ready to talk.
Archives and Information Associates (AIA) is a consulting group that offers services in traditional archival practices as well digital endeavors, great and small. Primarily working with archives, libraries, museums and other cultural heritage institutions, AIA consultants are open to working with anyone looking for assistance organizing, managing, and preserving information!
The many areas of expertise and interests AIA consultants possess include:
- Archival needs assessment
- Collection management system migration and implementation
- Digital surrogate and collection creation
- XML (including EAD, TEI, METS, and MODS) creation, conversion, and template design
- Implementation planning for digital library services
- Metadata cross-walking, mapping and conversion
- Workflow design (processing, description, digitization, reference and access services)